Foundation and new start of INES
In 1997, the Institute for New Era Strategy (INES) was founded as a company limited by Mr. Tetsuo Kondo, former LDP member of the House of Representatives, after his retirement from politics. Mr. Kondo began his career at the Ministry of Finance, and as a Diet member, he held the posts of Minister of Labor, and Minister of Economic Planning.
Throughout the years, INES has undertaken research from a private sector stand-point, with the aim of making policy proposals with fundamental solutions for urgent issues in the areas of economics, finance, politics, foreign affairs, etc., and has continually provided a forum for learning through the arrangement of breakfast study sessions.
INES re-started its operations as a general incorporated association in July 2018, and will continue to provide a venue for people to gather and deepen discussions on the issues that Japan faces now and in the future.
General outline of the association
|【Name】||General Incorporated Association Institute for New Era Strategy (INES)|
#501, 2-29-2 Nihonbashi-Hamacho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo,
TEL : 03-6225-0016 FAX : 03-6225-0174
|【Established】||July 2, 2018|
|【Board Members】||President||Junta Asai|
Description of business
INES aims to make policy recommendations aligned with the new era and conducts the following businesses.
- Research, planning, and guidance on subjects such as political structures, economic policies, foreign affairs and social security, as a fee-based service for national and local governments, public-interest corporations, and other companies and organizations
- Advice, guidance and research on urban and area development, and management of public facilities
- Advice, guidance and research on management of corporations and organizations
- Planning, facilitation and execution of speeches, symposiums, seminars and other events
- Publishing books and periodicals
- Collection, processing and provision of data
- Other businesses needed to achieve the goals of the association
He joined the start up team of Funai Capital, a subsidiary of Funai Soken. Currently Managing Director of Global TaNK (communications), and MJM (investment fund), and a Director of Albion Art (Jewelry), and Eat (bio R&D).
Record of past breakfast study sessions
- INES has managed breakfast study sessions, picking timely and important issues in a wide range of fields such as the economy, finance and international economy.
- For every study session, INES has invited the highest quality speakers, while the study session attendees have included Diet members, local assembly members, government officials, executives from major businesses, academics and economists. INES facilitates active discussions between speakers and participants.
- Based on the result of the breakfast study sessions, INES makes policy recommendations to stakeholders.
INES is proud to have hosted sitting Ministers and other superb speakers who are leading figures in the Japanese economic community, academia and other fields. The three consecutive Governors of the Bank of Japan, the Minister of Health, Labor and Welfare, the Director-General of the Budget Bureau of MOF, and the Chief Medical & Global Health Officer of the MHLW have been our speakers in the past. In the 21-year history of INES, we have had around 300 speakers.